BlackBerry unreturnable/unrefundable within 4 days of purchase?

fab47

Nov 25, 2009
Hello,

I bought a BlackBerry Pearl 8110 in a Carphone Warehouse shop 4 days ago. Since then, I realised I'm not a "Blackberry person" at all and since I haven't unpacked it nor used it, I decided to bring it back to the shop yesterday, assuming I could do so using the standard "7 day return/refund policy".

The manager told me that they were "sorry to be unable" to take it back for this specific model/offer because it was a special deal* and because BlackBerry had a special agreement with T-Mobile to refuse returns/refunds.

Is this legal at all?
Since I wasn't told about that when I purchased the mobile phone, surely there should be a way around it, unless the manager fed me porkie pies in the first place...

I feel gutted and cheated. Could anybody with sound expert knowledge help please?

*special deal = £89.95 for the device as PayAsYouGo + £10 calltime = free Internet browsing & emails for a year

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
There isn't a standard 7 day return/refund period for shop bought goods provided by law, but this must be a CPW policy. They can use whatever terms they like as long as they are not misleading.

Tony