EON - anyconsumer rights organsisation ???

Foggwell Flyer

Nov 25, 2009
My neighbour has recently constructed a large extension to his adjoining semi. This is nearly complete and he came round the other day to ask us for £275 as half the cost for a new electricity supply cable to our electric meter, as he claims it is unsafe. We consulted EON who sent an engineer round to check it who confirmed the cable and meter were both perfectly safe. He also told us that our supply is fed in a loop from our neighbours electric meter, which he also checked and passed as safe. However out of the blue the engineer has phoned to say that we will need our own new direct supply cable, which will involve digging up our drive as our neighbours no longer wish to allow our supply to be looped through their property.

Please could you tell me if this is correct, as we have had no written correspondence from EON and they have offered us no explanation why this should be necessary from a safety point of view. Please could you let me know if their is an independant consumer body who can advise me of my rights in this situation or which solicitors could advise. The engineer has told me that we have no option but to allow the new cable to be installed.

Regards

James