n96 on vodafone endless problems HELP

don007

Nov 29, 2009
I renewed the contract in june 2009 and got an N96. Since the start i have had problems with it. I contacted vodafone who said it was the sim card, received a new one but nothing changed. again i complained and this time was told to send it for repairs, which i did. i came back but nothing changed. Again i complained and i sent it for repairs a second time. Still came back with problems. I asked for another handset and was told they were discontinued. i opted for the n85 which they would not give me until i went to trading standards, i was tehn sent two handsets which were both faulty. i sent those back and remained with the n96 which was still giving some problems. After receiving two faulty n85 i changed my mind to sticking with the n96 as it was far better than the n85, now they are blaming me for not accepting their offers as they are trying their best to help me with faulty handsets. I stated my reason for refusing the n85 to them as it was obvious that it wont work well. when i visited the vodafone stores they had the n96 but when i asked for it, i was told they were not in stock, although they have them online, i got told they cannot access online stock. i also got told that the handset does not form part of the contract. i asked for a third repair and have been told that if it comes back beyond economical repair, i will be given another phone just to use for my airtime. the n96 is nearly 6 months old and they will not do anything about it. I have asked for the contract to be cancelled but they wont, the phones they are offering to replace are not what i want. They are offering handsets of a lesser value to my own.
Can someone help me as to what i can do with this matter please

crag hopper

Nov 29, 2009
the phone should carry a 12 month guarantee from nokia and you took the contract out on that phone not a lesser model i have heard this from orange in the past and got my wifes phone replaced by nokia .I had a nokia n70 which would last about 6 months and then start dropping calls locking up etc are you having the same problems a have had about 20 of these through orange.have you tried a software update off nokia website the n series are symbian phones and prone to this another thing i have found is take them off 3 g

don007

Nov 29, 2009
the phone should carry a 12 month guarantee from nokia and you took the contract out on that phone not a lesser model i have heard this from orange in the past and got my wifes phone replaced by nokia .I had a nokia n70 which would last about 6 months and then start dropping calls locking up etc are you having the same problems a have had about 20 of these through orange.have you tried a software update off nokia website the n series are symbian phones and prone to this another thing i have found is take them off 3 g
thx m8 how did you go about did you send it to nokia or orange?voda have the own repair center and the software does not up via nokia the phones are vodanokia like fake only udates when the pay nokia then we are will able to update the phone

crag hopper

Nov 29, 2009
upgraded the phone through a normal phone shop and not orange so took it back to them and told them to repair or replace

Espi_Vodafone

Nov 25, 2009
Hi don007,

I understand why you would feel frustrated by this situation and I would like to take this opportunity to help you.

All handsets are covered by a 12 month manufacturers warranty, however Vodafone will cover your handset for the life of the contract. So if you have an eighteen month contract, we will offer support for the full eighteen months.

Unfortunately we do not stock the N96 anymore. However I know that we can help you out with this.

Could you please contact us by emailing us at -

webrelations @ vodafone dot com

(Mods, I apologise for the way I have had to post this link.It is a genuine Vodafone email address and the only way of us being able to help don007.:D)

I look forward to hearing from you,

All the best

Espi
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK

don007

Nov 29, 2009
I renewed the contract in june 2009 and got an N96. Since the start i have had problems with it. I contacted vodafone who said it was the sim card, received a new one but nothing changed. again i complained and this time was told to send it for repairs, which i did. i came back but nothing changed. Again i complained and i sent it for repairs a second time. Still came back with problems. I asked for another handset and was told they were discontinued. i opted for the n85 which they would not give me until i went to trading standards, i was tehn sent two handsets which were both faulty. i sent those back and remained with the n96 which was still giving some problems. After receiving two faulty n85 i changed my mind to sticking with the n96 as it was far better than the n85, now they are blaming me for not accepting their offers as they are trying their best to help me with faulty handsets. I stated my reason for refusing the n85 to them as it was obvious that it wont work well. when i visited the vodafone stores they had the n96 but when i asked for it, i was told they were not in stock, although they have them online, i got told they cannot access online stock. i also got told that the handset does not form part of the contract. i asked for a third repair and have been told that if it comes back beyond economical repair, i will be given another phone just to use for my airtime. the n96 is nearly 6 months old and they will not do anything about it. I have asked for the contract to be cancelled but they wont, the phones they are offering to replace are not what i want. They are offering handsets of a lesser value to my own.
Can someone help me as to what i can do with this matter please
this a reply from vodafone

For the purpose of this letter I would like to list what has happened on your account so far that I have dealt with.

15/09/2009 - After our initial contact I tried to arrange a replacement of the n96 for you, as there was no stock you agreed to having an n97 and paying a £50 contribution
18/09/2009 - You advised me that you had spoken to trading standards and that they had advised you to send your phone back to Vodafone. This was arranged and the £50 was credited off
15/10/2009 - After numerous discussions about swapping the phone, Joan from trading standards called us and I agreed to send you an n85 at no cost 20/10/2009 - You advised me that the n85 was faulty and you wanted to remain with your n96 and `come to an agreement¿ on the price of you purchasing another one as we didn't range it anymore
23/10/2009 - We agreed for you to stick with the n85 and I arranged for you to pick one from store and for you to drop off the n96
11/11/2009 - I attempted to get you an N96 from store as you were adamant it was this one you wanted but nowhere ranged them
26/11/2009 - You changed your mind and decided you didn't want the n85 and would try another repair of the n96 but said if this didn't work you wanted to cancel your contract

Your handset does not form part of your contract with Vodafone. We are fulfilling our side of the contract by attempting to repair or replace the handset to use with the airtime agreement. We have endeavoured to resolve the issues numerous times and options have been refused by you. If your handset comes back as beyond economical repair I would be happy to arrange a replacement to be sent to you for you to use with your airtime agreement. However, if this is not successful we will not be cancelling your contract because we have not breeched any part of this

my relpy to voadfone

You forgot to mention
1 BOTH N85 that were given to me were faulty this is a joke. Two faulty phones in a row, who in their right mind would swap one faulty phone for another.
2 The n96 has been for repairs twice too. but not fixed

3 It funny how the shops had the n96 and when i pointed that out conveniently they were gone.

I got the phone when i renewed my contract, if it was not part of the contract then what is it? i did not take out a sim only deal with you.

If not Vodafone then who is responsible for the handset Please advise.
According to the law its not the manufacturer who is responsible its the provider.

How can a handset only a few months old be beyond repair? If it comes back beyond economical repair under what section of law will you hold me to the contract

I also emailed you a link for the vodafone forum showing the problems with
n85, you did not respond to it. The n85 has been a cause of problems for many vodafone users. if you see reviews on your website im sure you will see where i am coming from.

i will keep it update to what the reply

don007

Nov 29, 2009
The dont reply when you email them

hi don007,

i understand why you would feel frustrated by this situation and i would like to take this opportunity to help you.

All handsets are covered by a 12 month manufacturers warranty, however vodafone will cover your handset for the life of the contract. So if you have an eighteen month contract, we will offer support for the full eighteen months.

Unfortunately we do not stock the n96 anymore. However i know that we can help you out with this.

Could you please contact us by emailing us at -

webrelations @ vodafone dot com

(mods, i apologise for the way i have had to post this link.it is a genuine vodafone email address and the only way of us being able to help don007.:d)

i look forward to hearing from you,

all the best

espi
web relations team
vodafone uk