Credit Agreement Act 1974

Dean1984

Dec 1, 2009
Hi,

I started an IT Training course back in December 2006 and took out a Credit Agreement with a 3rd party Finance Company after the Training provider introduced me to them. I signed the contract and received the training materials about 2 weeks later. This was all fine, however when I tried to book my 1st exam, they were unable to book me in, as they told me the course material that they had sent me was incorrect to what I had signed up for. This was a mistake on their part. I then received the new material, however next time I tried to contact them, I could not get hold of anyone. All phone numbers were no longer in use and the website no longer existed. I just accepted that I had been ripped off... However after checking the repayments, they had been overcharging me from the start, they hadn't taken off the initial deposit off the credit amount... I was due to make my last payment of £135.00 today, however I stopped my bank from making it as subsequentially yesterday I had found out that the company had gone into liquidation. I received no notification of this, but they continued to take my money. I am really annoyed now, due to the fact that I have payed nearly £5,000.00 for a qualification I was never going to acheive to a company that had seized trading.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could let me know where I stand with this and if I can re-claim anything back?

Many Thanks,

Dean.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Dean,

Good news - you should be able to claim this all back from the finance company under section 75. They won't make this easy for you given the amount, but equally it is worth your while. More details below

Tony

Dean1984

Dec 1, 2009
Hi Tony,

Where do I start with this?

I've spoken to so many different people and companies, and I just can't seem to get anywhere with this!!!

I'm very annoyed that I am still chasing this money, and any advice on who to speak to, write to, etc would be brilliant.

I look forward to your response.

Many Thanks,

Dean.

Ben_C

Jul 12, 2010
www.moneymakerpros.com
Hello Dean, will you please share the update please. Have you found the right path already or still facing the same, I wanted to know your experience please how you solved it. :confused: