comet faulty tv

bikesteve010159

Dec 3, 2009
purchased an lg 42" tv from comet after a few days we noticed a lot of ghosting rang comet to ask about an exchange and was told they would send an technician to have a look guy came and said it was normal and all lcd tvs have ghosting (bull or what) isaid i wasn,t happy with it and would like an exchange he told me to ring customer services who insisted on another technician visiting he came and said much the same thing i quote from his report "sky h.d will improve sky picture qualty but freeview will still have image problems" i rang customer services again and was told that as my tv was working properly they would not exchange it iasked about freeview image problems and all they kept saying was its working properly for that spec of tv wrote them a letter saying i wish to reject it under the sale of goods act they said i cant do this as tv is working ok

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Steve,

It is really difficult to comment. The source will affect quality and freeview is very poor - to get the best out of a HD TV you need a decent source. What is it like with DVDs?

Tony

bikesteve010159

Dec 3, 2009
there is ghosting even when playing a blu-ray dvd spoke to comet today and was told ghosting is not a technical problem

bikesteve010159

Dec 3, 2009
have already done this telling them i wished to reject it as it is not of satisfactory quality also when you see the pictures on the tvs in the shops they are all fed by a hard drive so ther is no signal break up or bandwith restrictions i also put this in my letter as the tv was mis-represented at the time of sale as what you see in the shop is what you expect at home and this is not the case i had a reply stating that as two engineers say it is ok there is nothing they are willing to do i said i would take them to small claims court they said "do what you want to do"

Last edited:

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Steve,

It is a civil matter and ultimately you may need to take them to court. Before you do this and to be successfuly if you do, you are going to need an independent report. You can add this to the amount you claim back.

Tony

bikesteve010159

Dec 3, 2009
thanks for your advice tony i have wrote comet one final letter but not holding my breath for a reply .have been told by c.a.b to pursue credit card co they say this will be easier