Problems with projector and JVC

chever

Dec 4, 2009
Hi,

I purchased a projector about 7 months ago, and I’m having some issues with it.

Within the first few months of owning it, I discovered it had an issue which I have not seen on any of the previous projectors I have owned. It went back to the manufacturer(JVC) via the retailer, and they have said that it’s within spec. Though not entirely happy with the result, the projector was sent back to me.

Fast forward a few months later, I now have a stuck red pixel. The projector has gone back to JVC reiterating my concern about the first issue as well as the stuck pixel. They have also racked up an additional 90+ hours of testing to my previous 70 hours of use, and they have had the machine for a total of 6 weeks (4 week for the first issue, and now 2 weeks for the stuck pixel).

Now, because of the stuck pixel and there policy, the best they can offer me is a like for like(repaired) model, which the technical guy did say might come with other issues(great vote of confidence). The projector is about 7 months old now, but I’m very unhappy that they cannot supply me with a new machine.

I have come on to the forums to get some advice and to see if I’m been unreasonable in asking for a new replacement.

Any advice is welcome, Thanks. Kev

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Kev,

They are allowed to do this. You could request a refund, but again they can deduct an amount to take into account the age of the projector. This might be a better option as you can then buy a different model.

Tony