Orange Contract. Please help

jack96

Dec 6, 2009
My partner and I have been on the phone with orange all day with regards to her mobile phone contract and I am hoping someone can help us with what to do next.

She Is in the 9th month (I think) of her contract and her sony ericsson c902 has completely packed up it, wont work at all. She had a replacement handset in July but it just had all the same problems.

The rep on the phone was very enthusiastic about the 6 month warranty orange gave her for free on this phone because of the problems with the handset and that no other company was doing this, up until I questioned why they were handing out contracts with phones known to be faulty.

Also a rep my partner spoke to earlier was very rude and sarcastic to her.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? What are our options here do we have to accept it and fork out for a new phone ourselves? I feel like orange are being unreasonable

Any replies would be appreciated.
Cheers

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Jack,

Any warranty provided is in addition to your statutory rights which give you six years to make a claim in England and Wales! This is covered by SoGA - see below. You should be able to get a repair replacment for free by exercising these rights.

HTH

Tony

jack96

Dec 6, 2009
Thanks a lot for the reply Tony, I will be emailing orange with this information and will hopefully get this sorted.