Credit Crunch how has it affected you?

James

May 3, 2008
Credit Crunch

Hi Temi,

It hasn't affected me directly yet, but I guess it is affeting the whole economy and therefore it is. For example, the there is less money around so demand for products and services goes down...

J

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
It affected my brother he had a loan application turned down as the bank decided it no longer offered the product he was after.

Tony

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
Nothing yet...although I expect a pitiful payrise this year!

As far as day to day spending is concerned, the clever shopper will be able to make the most of this period as retailers will be particularly desperate for your custom. As such, you will be able to achieve much bigger discounts as retailers try to entice you to spend with them.

I've just had another £1,000 knocked off the cost of a new VW Golf Estate that I've ordered for Mar 09...so there are definitely good bargains to be struck.

Jez

Consumer
Jun 14, 2008
I think the worst is yet to come with reports yesterday in a 5 billion pound downturn in equity release from the bank of England for the quarter compared to last year. This will result in more job loses and a downward spiral.

Saw a great headline yesterdat "This isn't just another credit crunch, this is a Marks and Spencers credit crunch" Made me smile.

Last edited: