Laser Eye Surgery

Solenne

Dec 7, 2009
Hi There,

I've just had a terrible and distressful experience with OPTICAL EXPRESS about eye laser surgery.
I book a free consultation on November the 3rd.
I booked it for the 7th and between the 2 dates received 1 letter, 2 phone calls (landline and mobile + 1 after 8pm!) and 2 emails ... all confirming the appointment and making sure that I would turn up!!

All went well and smoothly during the consultation, I was not sure to have the LASIK or LASEK treatment but told them that I would like to benefit from the free interest 10 month payment plan. My adviser printed out a sheet with the breakdown of the massive cost of £3090 balance. She then took me to the reception where I was told to pay the £50, for the deposit.

The surgery was scheduled for a month later on December 7th and after the preliminary interviews, the practice manager told me that I could have it done because my finance had not been sorted out beforehand - unless of course I could pay the full balance of £3090 on the day.

I felt like being trapped, went home and lost £50, 2 days off (= my partner who took a day off as well).
I tried to call the Leeds practice twice but was always redirected to their call centre in Glasgow.
Once again, nobody is telling me what's going on and I don't what next step to take ....

I guess every piece of advice, experience on this will hugely helpful.
Many thanks
solenne

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
The most important thing is for you to make sure that you're happy with the company's profile and reputation. Eye surgery isn't something you want to muck around with. If you're not happy already with the way you have been treated I would suggest you do your best to get your deposit back and find another company to carry out your treatment. Good luck!