Mobile phone service providers

temi

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
London
www.temi.co.uk
I use two mobile networks, Vodafone and 3. This post is probably strange because I do not have any complaint, I have found the services especially 3 services excellent, I do not use them for mobile phone calls, just for mobile internet, they do a PAYG mobile Internet which I think is fantastic.

With Vodafone, since I move from T- Mobile to them about 4 years ago, I have had no complaints about their services at all.

James

May 3, 2008
I used to have a three mobile phoen and the coverage was terrible it jsut used to cut out when walking down the street. I guess it is OK when you are not on the move and you are in an area with good reception. The other thing that annoyed me wat the fact that I had a £100 cash back deal with the shop, but I had to produce six month of bills to get it. Of course after six months I had lost most of them and couldn't claim. I suppose they count on people like me.

J.

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
I have found Orange to be particularly good and relatively inexpensive. I have a Blackberry and they gave me a discount equivalent to the cost of my "bundle".

It can pay to remail loyal and the nest time to upgrade is after you've had a couple of months of heavy usage as your free upgrade options increase in line with your recent bills.

ljb

Mar 3, 2009
3 poor service

I have a phone on 3 contract but since day 1 can't get consistent coverage at home. It nearly always says emergency calls only, no internet access, cuts out mid call and when people ring me goes to voicemail when phone on and not in use. Often get messages 4 or 5 days later!! Husband on same network and no problems. Have had a long battle but eventually had handset and sim card replaced with no effect. They have now promised to send me a different phone which has better connectivity within 7 days. 3 weeks on still waiting though. I keep ringing (from landline to premium rate no cos no mobile reception to access free customer service line) and they keep promising to sort it out but never return calls as promised.
Does anyone know if I can cancel my contract without paying cancellation fee? I need a phone that works and they don't seem willing or able to provide one so paying out monthly for really restricted service.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
The fact that your husband is on the same network and has no problems proves that it is a phone problem - assuming you live together : ) What is the make and model? It is common and reasonable to demand a loan phone while yours is being fixed. It is your statutory right to not be significantly inconvenienced while they are effecting a repair.

You should ask to make an official complaint, see this guide from Ofcom:

Problems with your mobile phone | Ofcom

Tony

ljb

Mar 3, 2009
Thanks Tony, They have said is phone problem just couldn't get any further in getting them to provide one that will work. Threatened to cancel contract and pay cancellation fee and see them in court later for failure to provide service they contracted to. They are delivering a new phone at much higher spec by courier tomorrow!! If arrives and works will be happy. Will keep you posted. L

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Great news, well done. Their exchange service is pretty slick I was impressed when they replaced my HTC Touch