Shop bought versus made?

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I can't remember how much I spent on ingredients last year for my Christmas cake and pudding but I do remember it was a lot. What has everyone else done this year? Is it cheaper to opt out and buy or to splash out and make? I know I'm too late this year (haven't left enough time to soak up all the booze) but I may make it now ready for next year!!! if it makes financial sense. I just saw a pudding for £24 (feeds 8) but that seemed REALLY expensive to me!

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
I got two luxary puddings from a supermarket (sorry cannot remember which one) for about £10 ... and I thought that was a bit too expensive ... but £24 I couldn't pay that this year ... maybe in the future when things improve financially.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I think I pay the price for being a poor person living in a rich person's part of London! All the prices in the shops are incredibly hiked up. Honestly, sometimes I pick up things in shops to look at the price and just have to laugh in shock, horror and disbelief that somebody has the gumption to charge such excessive amounts. In fact I may start another thread on this subject ...