BT Internet not that cheap

temi

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
London
www.temi.co.uk
I needed broaband for my new flat recently, having my telephone services provided by BT meant they are the one I contacted before any other company.
When I eventually compared their package with other providers, Tiscali services fared far better so I went with Tiscali.

James

May 3, 2008
BT

I would never ever use BT for anything. A while back I had what I thought was an unlimited dial-up account with them (remember that). Anyway, I found out that I was dialling the wrongnumber the expensive way and ended up with a £250 phone bill.

J

temi

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
London
www.temi.co.uk
Sad to hear about this, did you not try to come to some sort of agreement with BT? Did you have to pay the full bill?

I would never ever use BT for anything. A while back I had what I thought was an unlimited dial-up account with them (remember that). Anyway, I found out that I was dialling the wrongnumber the expensive way and ended up with a £250 phone bill.

J

James

May 3, 2008
Believe me I tried and failed. But hopefully I have cost them more than £250 by not using them since and telling everybody I can.

scrooge

Dec 2, 2008
Loath BT and it's very hard to get anyone in a UK call center which can be very frustrating, as you can hardly hear the person on the other end of the phone.

Superbutter

Jan 26, 2009
Me and my housemates attempted to get BT internet but they put our phone line under a wrong name. We notified them of the error and they told us it would take 2 weeks to rectify the mistake and until then we would have no internet!! so we dropped them instantly and went with someone else, but still had to wait for them to fix the phone line problem! was unbelievable :mad:

glider3560

Apr 9, 2009
I think most people have probably had a bad experience with BT! They are expensive too for such poor service.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I have always had a nightmare with Tiscali and moved back to BT pretty quickly. When I first left BT for Tiscali, Tiscali got my name wrong even though I spelt it out for them over the phone. This meant my email address and password that they provided me with was spelt incorrectly. This was infuriating and meant that obviously I didn't use the email account. They told me that they couldn't change it once it had been set up. How is that possible?????? Anyway, I now rent my phone line from BT, left Tiscali for Sky Broadband (no problem) and on the whole everything seems to be working fine. Just irritating that there are so many different providers for so many different things or am I the only one that feels like that?

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
Moving house, AOL did not provide a service.

In this economic climate, I was surprised to hear that AOL did not have a practical method for retaining clients who were moving properties.
Although I have heard some pretty terrible stories about AOL procedures, I was reasonably happy with their results over the years.
When I gave them notice of our moving date, requesting they move the service to the new location on the same day, I was told that I must expect up to 20 days delay - without an internet connection.
I replied that I would not accept that, prefering to cancel AOL if necessary and start with another supplier. They offered no other option - so that is what I did.
It seems a sad way to provide a profitable service!

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
I just never considered that AOL would sooner lose a paying client than be able to have them move from one address to another with no break in service. I'll not have much sympathy for them if they have problems in keeping competative.