Mini cooper s Window fault...

cmiller

Dec 25, 2009
I purchased a 6 year old mini cooper s 3 months ago,came to my car last Saturday morning to find both my windows down 6 inches.
Im now afraid to leave my car just in case it does it again my garage have referred me to my warranty (purchased by them) my warranty has a set labour charge which does not cover the labour charge for a mini dealer and as it is a software fault it needs to go to mini i also have to cover costs of diagnostics!
I just wondered if anyone knew if i had rights to get the garage to cover all costs as ive not had it that long???

Roadrunner32

Jan 8, 2010
Hi this is my first post, but when I read about your windows it sounded just like mine. It has happened over the last couple of days I can't lock my car at mo because if I do the windows go down, they also go down when I have just started on my journey and my car automatically locks they go down, also my indicators flash ion and off. I do hope it's not a BIG fault because other than this had know problems.

Wabs74

May 2, 2010
Hi all, I am new to these sights so please excuxe my ignorence if any!! I have had problems with my mini cooper too,(7 yr old) but the most recent is the key fob refusing to open the passenger side door when pressed. This went on for a week, i tried the internal central lock switch and that too only operated the driver side, but if i use the lock button once i have manually opened it both the fob and the switch lock it. Then just tonight on arrival at work the damn key fob wouldnt lock my drivers side either. So upon asking an ex machanic to have a look at it 4 hours later, the car then made me out to be a complete liar by locking the drivers side again. But still would open the passenger... that problem was still there. I have also had problems with my boot physically shutting and am now wondering if this is conected in some way. Also my air bag light is on permantly and has bin for sometime now, origanally i was able to reset the lights with the button under the hand break and it woudl go off but that doesnt seem to work anymore but the cost of a diagnostics machine is a little too much forme right now. Can someone please give me a laymens explanation for this and an even simpler and hopefully cheap solution. Much apprieciated