Ebay selling

achod

Nov 29, 2009
My girlfriend actually makes a bit of money buying clothes at online sales from major retailers, then lists them on ebay and makes a profit! I dont think I'd have the patience to do all that ebay listing.. but she makes a bit of extra cash out of it! :)

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
A lot of people do this kind of thing. I heard of someone who lives near Ikea and basically lists what Ikea sells on ebay - ebay don't sell online yet I believe

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
That sounds too risky to me. Although you're buying things in the sale you never know how much you're going to get for them. I'm nervous ever since I had to "give away" a pair of shoes that I paid over £300 for for about £25. My heard bled for a bit!

achod

Nov 29, 2009
yeah I think she's got a pretty good eye for what she'll be able to sell on at a profit... although If she started buying things for £300 and selling them for £25 I think i'd confiscate her laptop!!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Well my husband has tried to confiscate my credit cards! I think that's the same thing ...

Snippa

Jan 12, 2010
I've heard of people doing this but wonder how you advertise your auctions so people see them? Do you pay the fees associated with eBay to make them stand out more or do you try to do it yourself?

Timber

Apr 7, 2010
My girlfriend actually makes a bit of money buying clothes at online sales from major retailers, then lists them on ebay and makes a profit! I dont think I'd have the patience to do all that ebay listing.. but she makes a bit of extra cash out of it! :)
If you've got the time that sounds like a solid plan :D

sparky1981

May 2, 2011
The bottom has really fallen out of eBay 10% final value fee and paypal fees... which you must accept will take another couple of quid, they make money from squeezing the life out of small traders.

wolf

May 3, 2011
My friend actually makes a profit selling the cardboard boxes that come with designer fragrances they are highly coveted in Japan. :)

iMattB

Aug 21, 2011
Ebay is a great way to stack up some money. When you realise the amount of money that has stacked up in your paypal you may be suprised!

Ribeye

Feb 19, 2012
UK
I would advise anyone thinking of starting an ebay business to do their figures thoroughly. When you take in all the overheads - fees, stock, postage - sometimes you find the margins are so small that you need to sell bulk to make any real money.