Yes Loans - any advice on how to stop the harassment?

DontSayYes

Dec 31, 2009
The other day I was foolish enough to enter my phone number in an online form to check out car loan repayments at AutoTrader.

The company behind the carefully disguised advertisement is Yes Loans.

True, their small print warned that they would contact me, but IMO, several automated calls a day since I submitted my enquiry is unacceptable.

I've asked them to take my number off their list but still they call me.

I'm not alone in this experience. Google either of these:

saynotoyesloans.weebly.com

whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08453440772

Surely this company is operating outside the bounds of good practice.

Any thoughts on how I could take this further?

DontSayYes

Dec 31, 2009
Just found a thread here called Unwanted Marketing Calls that has some useful info.

I used to be so careful about giving out my number, I don't know what came over me on this occasion. But it's a good lesson learned.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
It's the calls I get where there's a computer generated something at the other end that drives me mad. Do they really expect me to answer the phone and then hang around while a computer talks to me??!!

DontSayYes

Dec 31, 2009
Exactly. But the worst part is that the only way to stop the calls is to speak to a real person who can take your number off the list. If they only give you an 0845 no. then it costs you to do this - which is contrary to the direct marketing code of practice.

I found another interesting article - enter: dynamoo lbm-direct-marketing in Google to read it - which talks about irritating tactics of this kind used by a co called LBM a few years ago.

The article includes some comments from the poor guys whose job it is to make and take these calls: they are only acting on company orders, after all.

In the end, I took note of this and called the co back a second time and made it clear that I was not interested and wanted my number removed. The temptation is to get angry or curt and take it out on the person you're calling, but I resisted this and remained calm and civil. That was yesterday and so far, so good - no more calls. :)

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
That's good. Hope it carries on for you. I hate the fact that you hang up on them (before a human has ever got anywhere near you - I'm not that rude!) and then five minutes later when you need to make a phone call they're still there!

DontSayYes

Dec 31, 2009
Still getting calls but this time from 08453005044. No messages left but I've checked the number out with whocallsme sure enough it's YES LOANS.

I think these latest calls are due to my filling in the online form in anger, filling in every box I could with 'Take my number off your list' and leaving my number so they could. Which they didn't. So I'll probably have to lower myself to calling them back some time and politely telling one of their underpaid overabused employees to scrub my number once again. :(

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
One of the problems is that so many people/forms etc seem to ask for so much personal information these days. It's become practically the norm to let people know all your details of email, phone, etc. So no wonder half the world and their dog can get in touch with us.

DontSayYes

Dec 31, 2009
Absolutely. I used to only ever give my backup phone number out online. Maybe I'll start doing that again.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I keep thinking that I may just take myself offline. But sadly the truth is I don't think any of us would be able to survive that kind of existence anymore. But can you imagine it: having to go to the bank and form an orderly queue, having to maintain friendships through going to say hello to people you know rather than posting mindless comments on facebook, etc etc. I live in hope ....

Robin Hood

Mar 24, 2012
We have obtained compensation from a company for the nuisance caused by calls made to a TPS registered telephone number. To obtain a copy of their cheque to demonstrate that this statement is true and to find out how you can obtain compensation, send me an e-mail By return, you will receive a copy of the cheque and details of how to proceed with your own claim.