phones4u will not exchange or refund faulty phone after 2 days

ally8951

Jan 3, 2010
on the 31st december i purchased a tocco lite from phones4u, i had it 2 days and found that the touch screen wasn't working and the back cover wont stay on, today 2nd dec i went back to phones4u and explained they said they will not refund or exchange as they have had no problems with the phones as of yet, i was bullied out of the shop, so after fuming a minute i went back in and was spoken down to the manager didn't even have the balls to even come and speak to me himself apart from telling the other manager what to say and what he said was (say it looks like she has dropped the phone) theres not a scratch on it!! i argued this and ended up in a slanging match, i am deeply annoyed and upset, please can anyone help me with what to do, thanks,
when i gave them the phone back to look at they gave it back to me and hid my receipt, if i wasn't on the ball they would have kept it!!!!

ally8951

Jan 3, 2010
oh they even rang the head office and they said no!!, i also told them i was going to ofcom and trading standards and they laughed

draperm25

Dec 3, 2009
get trading standards involved straight away, dont wait and ask for a full refund. take your money elsewhere

NeilPunktilio

Jan 4, 2010
Hi ally8951,

We are sorry to hear that you have had this issue with your handset and we are very disappointed to hear about your experiences in your local Phones 4u store.

Phones 4u will always exchange like for like a handset if it is found to be faulty within the first 28 days of purchase. Providing the phone hasn't been physically damaged Phones 4u will exchange it for a new handset of the same model.

If you have anymore problems in store please contact talktous@ phones4u.co.uk and the Phones 4u Customer Relations team will be happy to help you and resolve your situation.

Kind regards,

Neil
Punktilio Digital
On behalf of Phones 4u

NeilPunktilio

Jan 4, 2010
Hi ally8951,

If you would like to forward your Email address to me by PM, I will contact Customer Services to ensure that they get straight back to you.

Kind regards,

Neil
Punktilio Digital
On behalf of Phones 4u

ally8951

Jan 3, 2010
everytime i ring phones4u they tell me go into the store with a code, and when i go in they pretend the code doesnt work and pretends to make fake fone calls to head office, and says oh look they arent working, and i ring them and ring ring it works and then they run out the back with my other fone concoting up another story. i have now gone to watchdog.
i have spent £12 in phone calls ringing up and £15 bus fare just to be messed around.
i hope this company gets what it desverves, im not spending another penny on you,

NeilPunktilio

Jan 4, 2010
Hi ally8951,

I am very sorry that you feel you have been unfairly treated.

As requested, please forward your Email address to me via PM and I will ensure personally that your problem is dealt with as quickly as possible.

Kind regards,

Neil
Punktilio Digital
On behalf of Phones 4u

Nat34

Feb 24, 2010
I am having problems with phones 4 u. I too bought a Samsung tocco light in September 2009 for the last month the screen was playing up until 2 weeks ago it stopped working. I took it to my local phones 4 u shop where I was spoken to by a rude and unhelpful member of staff, who eventually said she will send it off for repair, I am not really happy to accept this because I feel my phone will develope this fault again!! I had a call off there Head Office today who has said my phone has been fixed and is making its way back to the store, the fault had occured over the 6 months and not from when I bought it! I thought if within 6 months the fault is assumed as already there? maybe I am wrong.
Long and short they refused a replacement or refund and said I am entitled to neither. I am more annoyed with there rubbish customer services.

anisa_umer

Dec 16, 2010
Omg omg omg!!!i cant beleive ittt!!! My mobile phone fell by mistake ryt and there lil scratches on it and appart frm that its working well but i still want it refunded an i just cant beleive that phones4u dont refund accidently damaged phones!wtf!!im so upset as well:( i dont know wat to do with it cuz no way am i gna carry a scratched phone around:(i just got it 2weeks and 4 days ago:(what can i do with it?!i paid in cash for it...it was a complete accident how unfair!i had to pay for it as well cuz my mum is so stingy ergh...i dont know wat to dooooo any ideas??

eng7895

Mar 11, 2012
Took out a contract(nokia lumia) with p4u in november,phone was faulty less then 4 months later they sent it away for repair,came back damaged,they said i would have to send it back again and they would repair the damage,it came back again with even more damage then original.phoned customer service to insist on a new phone,was told its not their policy to renew phones,asked them if it was company policy to damage customers phones,finaly got a replacement phone,would never deal with them ever again.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I hope all you people having problems with these cowboys have registered official complaints against them with Trading Standards through Consumer Direct, if they get any number of complaints they will investigate their returns 'policy'

anisa_umer - I really don't think you can expect anyone to replaced something you have damaged yourself, learn by your mistake and take out insurance.