Samsung omnia i900 and phones 4 u aghh

lotsoflove1965

Jan 3, 2010
Northumberland
Hi all

I have a Samsung omnia from phones for you. I got it on contract in December 2008. within the first 2 weeks it was not working. i returned it to the store and they apparently did not have another Omnia phone in any of the stock in the whole of the country. I was told i could have a like for like replacement at an additional cost of £70 to me. (No thanks was the reply, on a contract phone).

The phone was then repaired. The phone has since been repaired another two times, before, yes you can guess it becoming faulty again in December 2009 again.

I took the phone back to my local store where i got it, to be told this continual repairing of the phone was rediculas by the store manager and to return after the xmas holidays as it would be replaced as a good will gesture.

When i returned the store contaced their head office and they were told this was not the case as the phone had just gone out of its 12 month warrenty.

I then advised the young girl in the store who was serving me that the phone has a 24 month warrenty not 12 and it stated within the warrenty that it was the retailers responsibility to sort out. Phones 4 u head office then refused to have anything to do with the phone and told me via the girl to contact Samsung and speak with them and not phones 4 u.

I called Samsung, they were i thought helpful, told me that someone from their esculation team would call within 2 days to arrange a replacement phone - sorted i thought.

after 2 days nothing, i re-contacted Samsung and was told that the information i was given was incorrect. I was advised to return to phones 4 u and ask for copies of the fault reports and what had been repaired. then fax the reports to them. Given i dont have a fax in my home i asked if i could get the reports via e mail would Samsung accept them. No was the reply. aghhh

I spoke with my local phones 4 u store who did agree to me e mailing them to the store, and they then faxed off the reports. This took in total 2 hours to arrange. I was instructed by Samsung to call them 30 minutes after the fax to ensure they had the documents. Guess what, when i called they were closed.:confused:

I have done this and am again waiting, as the escualtion team only work monday to friday and as it is the xmas season they are closed. :(

can anyone help me and tell me what my rights are as i fear that not only has phones 4 u given me the run about, that Samsung is about to also. :eek:

homara

Sep 4, 2009
Almost everyone I know, as well as myself, have had problems of one kind or another with mobile phone companies. Its extremely worrying. I'm certain that consumer organizations are aware of the general public' concerns but I'm unsure as to what they're doing to address same?

Message for Tony or anyone else who has information....wonder if you can kindly let us know the general view that consumer watchdogs are taking re. the numerous problems associated with the mobile phone companies. I'm sure its not really the case but when we the customers encounter problems with these people, it appears they're almost a law unto themselves.

lotsoflove1965

Jan 3, 2010
Northumberland
Almost everyone I know, as well as myself, have had problems of one kind or another with mobile phone companies. Its extremely worrying. I'm certain that consumer organizations are aware of the general public' concerns but I'm unsure as to what they're doing to address same?

Message for Tony or anyone else who has information....wonder if you can kindly let us know the general view that consumer watchdogs are taking re. the numerous problems associated with the mobile phone companies. I'm sure its not really the case but when we the customers encounter problems with these people, it appears they're almost a law unto themselves.
one of the things i omitted to mention was one of the stores suggestions was that they would buy me out of my 02 contract and then they would sign me back into another contract with either orange or T mobile, as a way for me to then have a phone that worked:confused::confused: how mad is that. when i went to the store all i did was upgrade my phone. I have been with O2 for years and extremely happy with the service from them. Infact the only reason i didnt go to them to get the phone up grade was because they didnt have the phone in their stock pack.

I agree with you that someone needs to start and bring the phone companies into order.

Julie

lotsoflove1965

Jan 3, 2010
Northumberland
Just a quick update: got a call from Samsung yesterday and they are going to replace my phone :)

I have to send off my broken phone, once they receive that they will then send out to me a new upgraded Omnia ii. Can take up to 4 weeks to do both exchanges but if it happens i will be a happy bunny. (not counting my chickens yet, been let down too many times)

As for Phones4u they didnt return my call, now isnt that a surprise NOT!!!!

My advice to all is dont use the shop, internet or site. Their aftersale service is shocking and their Headoffice customer service is indescribable

Last edited:

dan1elb

Aug 15, 2010
South East England
www.sony.co.uk
it is infuriating that you can't get hold of anyone. I say it is best to use a shop, where you have a name and a face that you can go to if there is a problem. People are much more polite and responsible in person.