Carphone warehouse - faulty phones

JB1990

Jan 5, 2010
Hello,
I bought a phone, from the carphone warehouse on the 31st december 2008 it has a 2year warrenty in this time its been repaired twice, the charger socket had broken so they sent it off to samsung and they replaced it but it returned with the speaker not working towhich it was sent back came back repaired, recently the phone has been turning itself off the phone is fully charged etc, i went into the carphone warehouse, and spoke to someone about it and asked for a replacement he said they can repair it but i wont be getting a replacement i stuck to what i wanted and thats a replacement handset, in the end he got a attitude with me and giving personal insults, i questioned him about his attitude, then he asked me to leave the store, i was nothing but plesent with him, even when i wanted to loose my cool i didnt. now i have reported them to trading standards and there own complaint dept. the complaint dept only said they dont believe who i am and to proove it. trading standards have just told me my statutory right, which i had read up on in the beginning, i had told them i had been to trading standards and he just laughed, the next thing im goin to look into is taking them to the small claims court and get my money back.

my question to you nice people is, is they anything else i can do before i go down the small claims court route.

also just to add my brother and mother have both had phones from this store which broke one was repaired one was sent away 3 times couldnt fix it all will not replace it.

Sorry for the story but id appreciate the help.

Thanks

lotsoflove1965

Jan 3, 2010
Northumberland
Have you tried to contact Samsung direct? i have been having some simmilar issues with phones 4 u and when i was getting no where in there store last week i contacted Samsung as like you i had a 2 year warrenty.
I had to send off to them proof of repairs and what had been done and have to say i wish i had called them sooner. they were fab. (I thought when phones4u were sending off the phone for repair it was to Samsung later found out this is not the case and they repair them themselves)

I am currently waiting for a package to return my old phone to Samsung and then they will send me a replacement back. (Can take up to 4 weeks) but hey, been fighting with this phone for the last 12 months so whats 4 weeks.
Plus the phone there sending me is the updated new model. The number for Samung is in the warrenty book. If you have not got it drop me a line and i will send it on to you.