e-bay emails.

barbarp

Facilitator
Aug 20, 2008
Dorset
Right, I don't know how often this happens but I have been warned about it in the past.
If you get an email purporting to be from ebay asking you to sign in at the following link...DONT!

Log out of you email and then log into your ebay account independently, if the email was genuine it will be in your messages box. Apparantly people can set up a dummy page which looks very much like ebay/ paypal then when you log into it, they have your log in details and can shop to their lttle hearts delight:mad:
Like I said, I don't know how often it happens but it's not a risk worth taking.

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
Scam e-mails

I seem to be getting a lot of e-mails telling me that my "approval" has been granted...and a lot of e-mails purporting to be from my bank.

A good way of finding out whether the e-mails are actually genuine is to check the e-mail address and verify that the tail end of the e-mail address is the same as the website.

Some of these spam e-mails are very obvious as they appear to come from a personal e-mail address...but some are a little more sophisticated but are detectable with a cursory check.

If in any doubt...don't open and certainly don't give any personal details...