Samsung 8000 led tv

Fod75

Jan 20, 2010
I purchased a tv in november and it seems to have a fault the shop said I need to see manufacturer. Samsung have replace the pcb but the problem is still there. They now want to take tv away to test it. I just want a refund or new tv. Consumer direct say I can only get repair not refund as it is a luxury item.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I am afraid COnsumer Direct are correct, but not because it is a luxury item. You have to give the retailer reasonable opportunity to fix the tv before you demand a refund. Reasonable is a least a couple of times.

I know that is not what you want to hear I would be gutted. BTW I would be interested to know what specific television model it is as would others I guess.

Tony

Fod75

Jan 20, 2010
The model is the 46" b8000, they're led one. I have read so many threads else where regarding this model and the problems some people have.

Fod75

Jan 20, 2010
Today I have spoken to the retailer about the fact my tv is being picked up by Samsung repair center tomorrow and that I would be without a tv while they check it over. So I was wondering if they had to supply me with a temporary replacement. The retailer said he has never done this and won't be doing so in this instance. I also have to have the day off work tomorrow which will cost me a days wages.

I have noticed that the tv has some slight marks on the the back where the engineer replaced the pcb last time, I am scared to death of them taking it away for however long.:mad:

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
You would struggle to get a replacement while it is being repaired. Retailers only have to do this if you can prove significant inconvenience. I can't think of many situations where this would apply to televisions. Perhaps it you were elderly and all you could do was sit in front of the TV all day

Tony