DSR law on matrimonial online service

darkhorse

Jan 20, 2010
:confused:Hi people,

Ive got a little problem ive paid for a online service for a matrimonial website for contacting members etc in the terms and conditions it says no re-funds are given wholey or partly there was no contract, isnt this unfair when i should have a 7 day cooling off perion i paid with my visa debit and went through rbs wordpay under £50.

Will I be entitled to a refund under the distance and selling regulation for service supplied? Please help I still have 7 days left? What shall I say?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
If the service starts immediately and they state it in their terms which you have agreed to, there is no cooling off. The fact that there are no terms mean that you have 7 days, but that sounds dodgy - might not even be in the UK.

darkhorse

Jan 20, 2010
basically ive paid for the service to access definitely UK based and service did start strainght away but all you do is on the website is go through worldpay rbs automated thing and pay them they send a reciept through the merchant. But the terms and conditions are like on a normal website on the bottom and not told at the transaction.

So is it possible to claim DSR not being adhered to or to claim anything?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
If you haven't agreed to give up your cooling off period then yes.

Tony