My Laser cutter has broken down

modelmaker

Jan 21, 2010
Hi

I have a laser cutter that has broken down, the cutter is like a desk top printer but it cuts not prints. 3 years ago I purchased it new for £8000.00. the cutter only has light use but last year It started to play up, the company I purchased it from (not the manufacturer) have been very helpful and I agreed a price to have it fixed plus parts, after some time it was discovered that the CPU (central processing unit) was at fault and was replaced. I am now being asked to pay for this part. The manufacturer of the part has reduced the cost of the part but I am still left with a bill of around £300. It appears to me that this component was not durable, its a part that you would expect not to have to replace because it has worn out, In my opinion the life of this part should last at least 5 to 8 years. After all if you purchased a new car for £8000 and after 3 years you had to replace the engine I would feel I have grounds to ask the company I purchased it from to pay for the replacement faulty part. Any feed back would be appreciated.:(:(

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi,

Apologies missed this. Just to confirm have you bought this as a consumer for a hobby or was is bought by a business.

Tony

BargainHunter

Feb 18, 2010
laser cutters? in my day there was non of that.. in the war you had to make sure a laser didnt cut-ya but thats it?