Faulty HP Laptop

Badlad

Jan 21, 2010
Hi. i bought a Laptop of Tesco Direct in April 2008. Two weeks before the warrenty ran out, it developed a problem with no sound. It was taken away and fixed under warrenty. Just before Christmas i had to purchase a new power supply for it. Recently my Daughter (17) started to play a game on it and the screen went faulty and pixilated <sp?> and now it has developed another fault when she trys to turn it on it will not start tries to boot up fot Four seconds then restarts and again tries for four seconds. A quick scan of the internet show a known fault with some of the HP laptops where the graphics chip overheats causing the motherboard to 'fry'. Tesco are pushing me of to HP and HP are like trying to get through to NASA. Can anybody help as the Laptop is not Two years old yet? Thanks:confused:

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
You need to go back to Tesco. They might ask for an engineer's report to prove it has an inherent fault. If this is the case you can claim back the cost of this. However, they may either repair it, replace with a like-for-like unit or give you a partial refund taking into account the usage you have had.

Tony

This will help: Faulty Laptop

Badlad

Jan 21, 2010
Hi Tony. Thats the route Im taking. Engineers report being arranged. I reminded Tesco of a few consumer laws and they suddenly were more agreeable;)