Bush BTU160DTR Broken...Help please!

Olithfc

Jan 22, 2010
England
I purchased many Freeview+ TopUp Tv style freeview recorders and they seemed to not work, freeze, signal issues, the list goes on...
However after much searching and much returning to the shops, i came upon a Bush BTU160DTR, it was a bargain compared to others on the market at £79.99 in Argos. it had great interface, the pause rewind features all worked correctly and had no problems.
It came with a 1 year warrenty from Argos.
Iv now had it for little over a year and came home one evening to find the words 'FAIL' written across the front display.
After consulting the user guide and performing the reccomended resetting steps i had no luck in resuming the issue.
Next step was to call the helpline, after explaining my situation she lady ont he end of the line told me that as it is out of warranty they could not do anything atall and that there was an unfixable fault with the box.
They then offered me the option to purchase another similar box from them.
I am stuck for what to do, iv paid £80 for this freeview box and now told that iv got to just throw it away and get another!
Help please!
Much appreciated,
Regards,
Oli.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Oli,

Do you have the original receipt or another proof of purchase?

Tony

Olithfc

Jan 22, 2010
England
Hi,

Im filtering through my pile of recipts littered through my house lol,

should be somewhere, otherwize i paid cash so no bank statement.

Am i at a loss if i cannot find it?

thanks for help,

Oli.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Pretty much. The other problem is the price. If they can't repair it they only have to give a refund that takes into account the usage you have had and a replacement wouldn't have to be new.

Tony

tinkadel3

Feb 6, 2012
Please help, I have a Bush BTU160DTR freeview recorder, and in the last week, I have lost the ability to do series record. I have looked at many different forums which have all told me to change my tv guide from 14 days to 8 days, and the step by step in which to do this, but these steps dont corrospond with my tv! Also my tv guide is on 8 days...I have called the helpline which after keeping me on hold for 20 minutes, charging me goodness knows how much, they told me that as I havnt subscribed to top up tv that they cannot help me at all and ended the call!!

I just want to be able to have my tv programmes on series link so I dont have to sit for ages each week trying to find the programme I want to record!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Tinkadel3