The Hidden Costs

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
God, I'm trying to book a flight to Spain. There are five of us going, three children, two adults. What looks as though it should be £350 has suddenly turned into £550 or so. Surely I should be able to get over there cheaper than that. Should I be booking the flights now or will they get cheaper later on?

easyonthebrain

Dec 4, 2009
It depends on what firm you are booking through, if it is a low cost airline then the later that you wait to book the more expensive it becomes. As opposed to booking through a travel agent/scheduled at the lastminute hoping to find a bargain and those are a lot harder to find if at all.
Most airlines tour companies are playing hardball just now trying to squeeze as much as the can so the bargains are harder to find. Try skyscanner.net as they search all airlines allegedly. I usually book as early as possible or sign up for ryanair/easyjet newsletters as they send out emails a bit before general release. Sorry cant be any more help

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
That is a help. Thank you. I will make sure I book our tickets in the next week or so. God. At least then I will have forgotten the pain by the time the holiday comes.