hotel.com

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Does anybody have positive experience of these guys? I just spoke (at length) to them on the phone in America (no doubt being charged at an exorbitant rate) and told them I wanted a hotel room for five people, two adults, three children. Seconds later after I had handed out my card details I got the confirmation through via email and my children had disappeared from the booking. I had visions of turning up in Spain late at night with the children and trying to explain that actually we had booked everyone in. Anyway, I chickened out and cancelled it. Will be interesting to keep an eye on my credit card.

HenrysCat

Jan 12, 2010
I've used them and had no problems when travelling with the kids before. Think they were mentioned on the booking form though.

thomasl

Jan 27, 2010
Hello

I hope you don’t mind me posting on your thread.

I work for an advertising company in London (Wieden+Kennedy, on behalf of Visit Wales), and am currently on a mission to find a British family (with kids aged 8-18yrs) who’ve had a negative holiday experience abroad – and then to send them on an all-expenses paid trip to Wales, and film their trip for an online documentary and some TV adverts. They’ll visit Michelin-starred restaurants, enjoy amazing outdoors pursuits and relax on the many beautiful beaches that Wales has to offer.

If this is something that would interest you – or anyone you know who has had a similarly negative holiday experience - then please get in touch and I can tell you a little more about it - please PM me or reply below. Would love to hear from you

All the best,

tom

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Hi Thomas,
Ha ha I could make you laugh with some of my terrible holiday experiences. Although normally due to the husband and friends rather than appalling hotels, etc. Unfortunately my children are not in the right age bracket for your documentary but I hope you sound some well-derserving families, make a great programme and they have a great time. Good luck!