New member seeking advice

Teasy

Jan 29, 2010
Hi all just signed up as I need some advice.
My wife purchased a crib and some other bits and bobs in preparation for the arrival of our son, this was on the 15th of November. On building it up I discovered that the safety mechanism was missing. I notified the shop and they said they would source the missing part from the supplier. After numerous excuses and the arrival of my son we finally gave up waitng and decided to demand a refund as it was unsafe to use. Very reluctantly they agreed. Now here is my problem, the only receipt my wife can find is the card payment receipt which only shows the grand total although it does have the name of the shop and the date and time on it. The crib cost £150 but the receipt shows £234.95 due to purchasing additional items at the same time. Both the manager and ourselves know how much it cost but she is unwilling to give a refund unless the itemised receipt can be produced.I have already purchased a replacement from another retailer so I would just like to know if I have a chance of getting the money back or if not would I be able to pursue this matter through the small claims court. The money is not the biggest reason for wanting to do this, the woman has been extremely unreasonable from the day we notified her of the missing part and I really dont want her to get away with keeping our cash and asking her outside for a boxing match is not really allowed unfortunately(only joking)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Teasy,

Congratulations on your new arrival. You are right a receipt is only one form of proof of purchase. The bank statement should be fine, can you back it up with anything else delivery notes, confirmation e-mails etc. If not I would send them a letter listing all the items you bought with costs including the crib, with proof of purchase and give her 14 days to refund the money otherwise you will starting a small claim.

Tony