E-victims.org: PayPal fake bill scam

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
PayPal is the target for phishing attacks. This one tries to convince you that your PayPal account has been debited by £240. They provide a link to a spoof website based in India.

Never click on a link instead go to PayPal by typing in the URL (web address) into the browser.
Dear PayPal Member,
This email confirms that you have paid robertoelectronics (roberto211@aol.co.uk) £ 240.00 GBP using PayPal. This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL robertoelectronics*".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PayPal Shopping Cart Contents

Item Name:  Nokia 8800 Brand New
Quantity:  1

Total:  £ 210.00 GBP  

Cart Subtotal:  £ 210.00 GBP
Shipping Charge:  £ 30.00 GBP
Cart Total:  £ 240.00 GBP 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shipping Information
Shipping...

PayPal fake bill scam

MzESMARIE

Apr 15, 2011
i got this exact email. i stupidily sent off my £500 worth laptop to a man in north west london. i didnt notice he was using 3 different emails and different names, i was just egar to get the money. i called up paypal to ask why they hadnt put the small amounts of money into my account to verify it, and thought oh why not ask about the money i'm to recieve, i was then informed it was a scam and that i should try and get my package back asap. i had just gotten home rom the post office and my package was to be delivered before 1pm the next morning!!! luckily i made a few phone calls and got my laptop back. that ordeal really shook me because i never knew how smart scammers were and i didnt think i'd get scammed for a measley laptop. most of the scammers are my own people too!! nigerians smh!