lizzy

lizzy

Feb 1, 2010
lizzy help with sofa

hi im new to this and in need of desprate help please ! I orderd a corner sofa and chair from littlewoods and it was deliverd at the end of august at the end of december we noticed the sofa and chair was becoming uncomfortable the cushions have gone flat and the fabric on the arms have gone wrinkled. I contacted littlewoods to tell them and they sent someone round to have a look at it now littlewoods are saying that the cushions have gone flat because i have not puffed the cushions up properly and they say the fabric on the arms have gone wrinkld because they say someone have sat on the arms and they havent this is my word against them now they say they will not do anythink until i get an independant report which i have found out will cost me £100 which i really cant afford and feel that i ve paid enough as the sofa and chair have cost me £1000 and littlewoods have charged me £45 for the upholster from their company that come to look at sofa which ive only had 5 months. do anyone know what my next step should be. thanks.

Last edited:

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I'm always quite surprised when i read stories like yours. I would have thought that a large company like Littlewoods would much rather work on their customer services reputation and that the cost of replacing a sofa would be worth it. Anyway, good luck. I hope you at least get the cost of the report refunded if it is found to be in your favour.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
When an item is less than six month old an item is presumed to be faulty when it was delivered. Littlewoods need to pay for a report and prove that it is not faulty.

After six months the burden of proof lies with you.