Avon unfair sales to reps

wj3a

Feb 4, 2010
Hello, i've spent all morning trying to find some kind of advice on what i can do about Avon. I have been a sales rep for a few months now, i barely make any money if ever, and have emailed my manager this morning to quit.
My problem is that i got a call from an Avon call centre last week, and a woman there offered me a rep exclusive deal on perfumes. I said no, a number of times. She was very persistant, and i could barely hear her over the background noise.
The call was 'recorded for training purposes'. If anyone replayed it they would clearly hear me saying 'no i'm not interested' a number of times. Eventually i told her i was busy and hung up.
Today i was sent the perfumes i didn't agree to, and unless i send them back i will be charged for them in a couple of weeks. There's also some lipsticks i know nothing about.
What can i do about this? Undoubtedly they've done the same to other reps in the past. Am i covered by any law? I have no idea how Avon works on matters such as this. Surely the call centre woman should at least be disciplined for ignoring my answers.