Another HP laptop problem

markw

Feb 13, 2010
hi,

I bought my HP G6000 in Oct 07, it started playing up in Nov 09, screen not coming on, not connecting to the internet, or losing the internet connection when you did connect. I lived with it for a bit but took it back to comet in Jan 10 when it lost its wireless network completely and the screen wouldn't display anything.

I took it to a local repair shop who managed to get the machine back on but still no wireless network, after investigating and doing some research they said this is down to heat build up within the nvidia card, and the heat had cracked the solder, and the system just couldn't see it anymore.they also updated the Bios, re-imaged the laptop,updated all the drivers and reseated the wireless card. This along with there report cost me £60.and they were the ones that told me about the sale of goods act.

It lasted another two weeks and worked if you plugged into the router, I took it back to comet and paid them £50 inspection fee, they also wrote down on my till receipt that if the problem was a known fault then this would be re reimbursed.

I got a call yesterday from comets engineers who said it was not a common fault but as a
gesture of goodwill they would discount the repair by 35% leaving me to pay £118.51, and
i wouldn't be getting my £50 back.

What do i do next, its a know fault but the comet store doenst want to know, comet engineers are not going to help. any ideas?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Mark,

Tell them you are not happy with this offer and you would like them to pay for the full repair costs and the inspection fee as it is reasonable to expect a laptop to last longer than this. The laptop is clearly not of satisfactory quality and your statutory rights as defined in the Sale of Goods Act have been breached.

Tony

BargainHunter

Feb 18, 2010
in my day we use to write letters.. non of this email riff raff. its a loada nonsense! get yourself a nice fountain pen and a stamp and do it the right way!