any advice greatfully recieved

elmatix

Feb 16, 2010
Hello, I was wondering if I could pick anyones brains regarding my current vehicle problem

I purchased my Scenic from a garage on Dec 19th last year, and have had a few problems regarding starting the car. I had called out my recovery regarding this and they got me back on the road for a few days.. so all was good.

I now have a problem with intermittent non starting of the car... which is rather frustrating, I called the garage and informed them of this. I was under the impression that being as it was from a garage, even tho second hand I should have a short warranty on it, and when i called them they said there should be a 3 month warranty.

The car was taken to them this morning as per their request yesterday, and this evening i recieved a call to say the guy i delt with would have informed me there was no warranty being as they had taken it in part ex earlier the day i purchased it from them.

Where do i stand on sale of goods act 1979 being as (in my opinion it is not fit for the purpose of sale) the car will not start 90% of the time?? Am i responsible for any work they have done to try and find the problem?

I'll keep my fingers crossed that anyone will have some input for me

Thanks for reading
Cheryl