Broken eliptical trainer - do I have an arguement?

Clariss

Feb 28, 2010
Hi there

I have a 17month old eliptical trainer for home use (and it has not been over used!!!) A couple of weeks ago there was a loud bang and it collapsed while I was using it - the flywheel shaft had sheered off! (I'm no metal expert but it looks like it was either failing for some time or was faulty to start with)

I contacted the internet company I purchased it from and very promtly they asked for photos which I sent them and they immediately offered a new body for the machine but said I would need to dispose of the old parts. We arranged a delivery date and when it didn't turn up I contacted them again to let them know it hadn't arrived and they replied that there had been some confusion and as the machine was over 2 years old there was nothing they could do to help. I pointed out that the machine was only 17months old and that I thought this was an unreasonable life expectancy for such a piece of equipment but all they offered was a new body for £109.

Do I have any real grounds to pursue this on? Any advice or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Doesn't it come with a manufacturer's guarantee? I can't believe its lifetime is only two years. Have you been in touch with the manufacturers directly themselves?

Clariss

Feb 28, 2010
I can't find this brand anywhere apart from on the web site I purchased it from so I am now thinking that it is their own labled brand. There is no web site for them or contact details in the instruction manual.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Oh dear - that doesn't sound too good. Phone them up as a prospective customer and ask them which are the best machines, who makes them, etc etc. You may have some luck in finding out who makes them but if not ... sorry, I don't want to be the bearer of bad tidings but not sure you're going to get anywhere with them ...