How the Financial Ombudsman Treats complaints about Missold PPI

nattie

Sep 3, 2008
issue 71 - complaints about payment protection insurance

Ombudsman News issue 71 gives examples of how claims to the ombudsman are treated.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/72/72.pdf
Ombudsman News Issue 72 answers and interesting question which relates to if the policy is missold and the claimant has been covered by other parts of the policy(last page).
The issue is that had they been aware of an exclusion they could have cancelled the policy. The claimant has every right to be put back into the position had it not been sold to them.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Thanks for this Nattie, you seem to have your finger on the financial services pulse as lots of people seem to be interested in this at the moment : )

moneyandalcohol

Mar 25, 2009
i did my claim through reallifeclaims.com and it went to the ombudsman and i managed to get a claim although i had actually claimed on my ppi! happy times

Last edited by a moderator:

consumerchamp

Jul 16, 2009
PPI Compensation

Hi,

The Ombudsman is pretty good although it can take a long time. I have done one cliam myself which took 6 months but I was succesful to the tune of £1,800. Forms were a pain, but worth it the end.

My lender was Lloyds and they refused me with what seemed like a standard letter, but I got them in the end! same story with bank charges really they just try to fob you off.

I was also mis sold PPI by Natwest but I used a company for that. Not sure if I'm allowed to mention them? creditcompensation.co.uk/ppi.html

There are plenty out there, just make sure they do not charge you a fee at the beginning. If you are self employed it is just about nailed on that you have been mis sold.

Get on bank charges next, that will be a goody!