Phones4U will not help!

Zoe Jade

Mar 6, 2010
:mad: Can anyone offer advice? I signed up to a 2yr mobile contract with Phones4U 6 months ago, using a Noka N97. I have since been told that this model has now been discontinued and I am finding out why. My phone has 30G memory and a C drive. I have set the mass memory as default for everything, yet everyday use of the phone fills the C-drive which when full will not permit me to access, read or send text messages. Phone calls continuously drop out, and the phone gives the error message 'Internal Phone error; please restart phone'. I went to Phones4U who said they were very sorry but all they can do is keep sending the phone off for repair. If the phone is continuously sent away to fault find they still expect me to pay for a service I cannot use. They even said that if they cant fix the faults they will simply keep sending the phone away for the remainder of my contract and I can buy a new phone in the mean time!
Vodaphone helped me and immediately swapped my phone for a new N97 and I have the same errors, as well as some new ones. It seems the problem is a design issue, not an individual unit error.
I intend to go to trading standards and take phones4U to small claims court using the Sale of Goods act as the phone is not fit for the purpose it was sold, but I am deeply unimpressed by the way Phones4U have written me off. They were extremely helpful when making the sales, but there was no after sales assistance at all. They will only ever replace my phone with another N97yet how do I cope with a design flaw? any sugestions anyone? All help greatly appreciated :confused:

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
If you have given Phone4u reasonable opportunity to remedy the situation i.e. three or more repairs replacements then you can demand a refund and cancel the contract.

Tony

P

Phones 4u

Hello Zoe, Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Nokia. If you would like to email: talktous @phones4u.co.uk with your mobile number, reference number if you have one and your full name, we'll try and rectify the problem for you

Kind regards

Melanie. Phones 4u.

P

Phones 4u

Or Zoe if it's easier feel free to Private message me with your email address and i'll deal with the issue personally.

Kind regards

Mel.