Car Supermarket - Faulty Car

U

Unregistered

Hi
I bought a car a week ago from a leading car supermarket, straight away there was pressure to take the car away that day & as the car was rather dirty inside I was worried it would not be cleaned properly, also we we were not handed the keys at any time to really check the car, other than when we test drove it, the salesman followed us home with it to get the log book etc for our old car, looking at this you think what a foolish thing to do, but with 2 children under 3 you're not entirely focusing. Anyway now the car is home, they did NOT clean it properly inside at all, it is filthy, we mentioned that a seat was not looking into place properly, this has not been fixed, there is a DVD player, one of the screens does not work, the air con is not working, the fan has no power, so again that obviously is faulty, although my husband knows exactly what is wrong with that, I am concerned that his list will start to go on as we own the car a little longer, in fact I shall be getting the hose on it to make sure there are no leaks. This car supposedly had a 120 point check done, which you have to write in for ! I wish we could walk away from this however, now we have the car are we within our rights to request all these repairs & also a courtesy car whilst it is being carried out ? In the event there is more wrong or it is not repaired where do you stand when you part exchanged you old vehicle as a large payment on the new car. Please help.

Last edited by a moderator: