5th faulty super kingsize divan base

VAM101

Mar 12, 2010
Hope this makes sense to anyone reading it, We are currently on our 5th divan base, all of the previous bases have been replaced during the last 2 years because they have developed a squeaking noise. The last 3 have only been used for 6 weeks before becoming noisey (certainly not a Silentnights sleep). The last base (no. 4) was inspected by an independant engineer from FIRA who confirmed the noise was being caused by the wood rubbing together and it's the way it's manufacted. The manufacturer paid for this inspection and said that if a fault was found they would replace the base again. Which they did. To my horror this morning I heard the same noise once again. Before I contact them I'd like to know hat are my rights. Do I contact the manufacturer or the retailer. Is it unreasonable to now request a refund or do I need to accept another replacement (if they offer it). We purchased the mattress and base together, so the matress has now been used for 12 months (they replaced the first one because that sagged). It's really inconvenient making arrangements to be in for delivery, unpackaging and putting together a super king size base, then getting rid of all the wrapping. Any help would be appreciated.