Extending the loan

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Does anybody have any statistics on whether or not it is getting any easier to secure loans/extended loans etc or is this all still very much a no no now that banks are being far cautious. I wanted to see if I could add my credit card debts on to my nice low interest loan but it's probably not very likely is it?

Henry

Mar 4, 2010
If it's a secure loan you want to consolidate other debts onto then it will depend upon the equity available in your home - also sometimes secured loans have set amounts, e.g. you can only borrow amounts in £5k increments up to a maximum, usually around £25k.

The only way you could find out is by asking your secured loan lender whether or not they would consider A. allowing you to consolidate other debts to your current loan and B. how much, if any, they would be prepared to lend you.

Snippa

Jan 12, 2010
I think you should definitely check into it. The worst thing they can say is no, but you never know until you ask.

One thing to consider is the time you have left on your loan. Most credit card companies have it to where you are paying more in interest than principle so it will take you forever to pay it off, but if that's not the case, adding your cards to the loan might be a mistake.

Good luck!