car insurance with elephant.co

oskiee6

Mar 20, 2010
hi all,

i have been with elephant.co.uk for 7 years. in march 2008 a car drove into the back of me. the 3rd party agreed it was thier fault. i thought all was setteled. got car fixed (took bout 10 days). i was given a like for like courtesy car.

my renewal has come and i have told them that i may cancel as i have found a cheaper price with another company. following this i have just received 2 letters (dated 13 march 2010 and i recieved them on 19th march 2010) stating that the 3rd party insurers are not going to pay for the courtesy car and they are taking them to small courts for payment. one letter states i need to sign for approval for thier solicitors to go ahead and the other letter states the solicitors have been approved to go ahead. (note both letters were sent on the same date and arrived on the 19th march).

my concern is one of the letters states if the 3rd party insurers do not pay i will have to pay for the courtesy car (which i thought was covered as i have full comprehensive) and i have to pay court cost.

why has this taken 2 years and why have they offered me courtesy car cover only to threaten me that i will be charged for this?