Intek Communications changed the length of my mobile contract

jools

Mar 22, 2010
Hiya i'm new to this but am really annoyed about the way consumers are being treated!!

Went to Intek Communications and got two mobile phones on orange contracts, the 1st in December 2008 and the second in January 2009. Have been having problems with 1st phone so thought i would visit Intek and upgrade. Was told bvy Intek that i am on 24 month contracts on both phones (but i know i would not have signed for 24 months). they offered to buy me out and arrange a new deal!!

Thought this was a little bit fishy so came home and found my original contract for the 2nd phone which clearly states 12 months (can't find the 1st phone contract).

Phoned orange and they have confirmed that i am on 24 month contracts with both mobiles and they are unable to do anything!!!

What should I do from here as orange obviously don't want to know and if i request a copy of the 1st mobile contract are Intek obliged to give it to me???

Sounds like the sales guy either pressed the wrong keys or blatantly signed me for 24 months!!!

Please help someone............thanks!