Could I Get Into Trouble By a Dodge Builder?

pipistrollers

Mar 23, 2010
Hi Everyone

I'm new to the forum.

I'll try to keep this as short as possible but it really is unbelievable.

I moved into my home over 2 years ago and immediately started receiving calls for a building company. Of course I told the callers they had the wrong number. The calls did not end and all this time later I am still receiving up to 5 calls per day from debt companies, bailiffs and companies asking for payment of the tools which were ordered a short time ago. No matter what company calls I always say that you are in a list of companies looking for this building company.

This dodgy company are still handing out our private residential telephone number. It's also listed in the business pages and plastered all over websites they advertise on.

It came to a head today when the wife of the owner of this dodgy company had the nerve to phone us. She gave a false name firstly then said she was Mr ??'s wife. She informed me that I was to stop telling companies that there is a list of debt companies looking for them. I told her I would not stop as it is the truth and also that she was to stop giving out our phone number. She called back again and this time spoke to my husband. She said that they are not a company though my husband was able to give their trading address from the websites they advertise on. She went very quiet. She then got stroppy so my husband said we were going to contact the police which we did. The police were less than helpful and said there was nothing they could do but we should contact Trading Standards which we did and who are very interested. This dodgy company trade under at least 3 different names all at the same address.

We had another call this time from a 'friend' of the owner's wife telling us that they had called the police who had told them that there was nothing we could do. When I told her that I had spoken to Trading Standards the panick in her voice was unreal!

We also found out that they used to have this phone number but were cut off for non payment of bills.

We had the wit to put 1471 into our phone straight after Mr ???'s wife phoned us and got their real company phone number.

If we give their real number to any debt companies or bailiffs who call us, could we get ourselves into trouble?

Thanks