Faulty Nokia N97 Mini White - Phones 4 U

Patrick1988

Mar 24, 2010
Hi,

I purchased a Nokia N97 mini White in November 2009, and although the phone was extremely slow, there was not a problem until late Jan - early Feb. Since then, the screen just randomly freezes and goes blank constantly. It has been to repairs twice in the last month and both times it has come back and the problem has not been resolved. After spending many minutes on hold and 'being transfered' to phones 4 u, they told me that they can only offer me a like for like exchange, I told them that I had lost faith in this phone and I didnt want another one of them, because I believed that the same thing would happen again. So the woman on the phone (who was helpful and did sympathise) said she would e-mail head office and ask if i can actually exchange the phone entirely for a different one. I was just wondering what my options were? what phones will I be offered that are 'similar'? or if send the phone back again and its still broken, will i have the opportunity to terminate my contract entirely?

Pat

Patrick1988

Mar 24, 2010
also, apparently Orange and Vodafone have discontinued this phone because of the flaws the phone has, so do you think I should let them try and fix it for a third and final time then, if it still hasn't been fixed, which I doubt it will be, demand my contract to be cancelled?

Any feedback would be BRILLIANT!

Pat

P

Phones 4u

Hi Pat, Sorry to here you have had a problem with your handset. If you could send me a personal message with your email address and I will email you back and we can try and rectify your problem. I will need some personal details (mob number/ref number etc) to access your Phones 4u account.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Kind regards
Melanie. Phones 4u

Patrick1988

Mar 24, 2010
I have PM'd you my e-mail address. Hope to hear from you soon, I would also appreciate advice from people on here as well!

P

Phones 4u

Pat, i don't seem to have aprivate message from you. Can you try and send again please.

Kind regards

Mel.

lyc089

Jul 13, 2010
Im in the same predicament as you patrick. I first took the phone back in Jan to be told it had to be repaired 3 times and then I would be able to get a diff phone. First it was exchanged, then repaired twice. 4th time it broke i took it back to the shop to be exchangd but now p4u have changed their policy and will not do a like for like or non like for like. They will just keep sending for repair. Which i am sure they cannot do as when I signed my contract the policy stated that after 3 repairs i could get an alternatve phone. I spent hour and half arguing that point in store but got no where.

I have eventually got them to agree to give me a different phone, but only if this refurbished one that they have now given me breaks. They will not do anything to help you out, they deny all responsibility.

They wont let you cancel your contract, they might offer to end it and pay mine would be £600 - i told them to get stuffed.

Let me know if you get a better result that I have.

P

Phones 4u

For all issues please forward your problems to me at:
facebook @phones4u.co.uk and i will help to resolve your issues.

Many thanks.

Mel. Phones 4u