•  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Rate this Entry

i've been sent goods i didn't order

Posted 12th June 2011 at 01:16 PM by terrie2109

hi i wonder if anyone can give me some advice. Yesteday two packages were delivered by the postman which i signed for. Inside there was a pair of earings and in the other a pendant. Complete with an invoice from 'COMPTON & WOODHOUSE' I have no idea if someone has maliciously ordered these or it is a scam from the company. What are my rights because i dont want to have to pay to return these and neither do i want to get costly phone bills contacting them. I am going to send them an email telling them they had better organise themselves to have them picked up.
thanks
Terrie
Posted in Conusmer Rights
Views 1602 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    If you receive goods which you did not ordered, you can treat the goods as an unconditional gift to you and can deal or dispose of the goods as you so wish. Your under no obligation to return the goods to the trader or allow the trader to retrieve the goods

If you receive a demand for payment for unsolicited goods or services, you can ignore it. You should report the matter to your trading standards department as the trader may have committed a criminal offence.

Fighter