Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Builders For general building work or new build property.

Old 28th November 2010, 05:20 PM
Consumer Newbie

badbuilder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you the victim of bad builders?

My builder has wrecked my home inside and out. The so called guarantee scheme has not protected me after 11 meetings and over a year in rented accomodatin for a 6 week job my heart is broken. Both my children have special needs and all their dla is paying the rent.ive photos ,videos letters everything and this builder contiues to wreck my home and turn up when he pleases. I am taking control now after turning up on thur and finding his two boys errect a scaffolding -pretending he was taking all the boasted render off the bk wall-instead when i returned to see somebare brick the bad builder had slap dashed over the top of faulty redure and left his tub of glue behind. There is too much to type.
Old 28th November 2010, 05:31 PM
Consumer Newbie

badbuilder is an unknown quantity at this point

There should be a place where legitimate complaints can be put on line and a new customer checking for builders could see if they are about to employ a bad builder from the list and also a list of pending complaints. My builder seems to chop and change names so there should be some legislation to show if they traded under a different name before they must state this name.
Old 9th February 2011, 01:23 PM
Consumer Newbie

CowboyTrap3 is an unknown quantity at this point

BBC 1’s Cowboy Trap is returning for a third series and we are looking for people across the UK whose lives and properties are currently in a state of chaos or disruption thanks to ‘cowboy’ workmen.
If you have been victim, or know victims of ‘cowboy builders’, then get in touch NOW! This is your chance to get help them get the job finished properly.
The Cowboy Trap Team!
020 7258 6724
Old 24th February 2011, 03:49 PM
Consumer Newbie

Cowboy Trap 3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbuilder View Post
My builder has wrecked my home inside and out. The so called guarantee scheme has not protected me after 11 meetings and over a year in rented accomodatin for a 6 week job my heart is broken. Both my children have special needs and all their dla is paying the rent.ive photos ,videos letters everything and this builder contiues to wreck my home and turn up when he pleases. I am taking control now after turning up on thur and finding his two boys errect a scaffolding -pretending he was taking all the boasted render off the bk wall-instead when i returned to see somebare brick the bad builder had slap dashed over the top of faulty redure and left his tub of glue behind. There is too much to type.

Hi I'm contacting you from BBC 1's consumer show Cowboy Trap. It's a show who aims to help people who have been affected by cowboy builders and help by getting reputable builders to complete ot fix the work. If you still need work done please get in touch. Call 0207 258 6724

Martin
Old 4th March 2011, 06:22 PM
Consumer Newbie

AndrewHG123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I literally had my head in my hands this afternoon. Didn't know anything was going on. Went home and found part of my roof peeled back by the next door builder!

The builder even skipped my tiles from a height so I can't even have them back on the roof. My Friday is pure despair

No word from my neighbour either. Note: never buy a terraced house

Old 29th May 2011, 09:14 PM
Consumer Newbie

Michalis is an unknown quantity at this point

I purchased a new built apartment and I noticed that there is a strong noise coming from pipes of the upper flats. I reported the case to NHBC as it has a waranty for two years but I ring the developer builder and he does not answer the calls . The apartment is in a convenient location but the construction not so impressed.

Sometimes I hear footsteps on the uuper flat which is not normal .

I was new to the UK property market and one of the reasons I wanted to buy a new property is to avoid all the poblems of second hand homes with renovation etc . Also I spent time abroad and I did not have much time to inspect the property prior to the purchase . The thing I select this one and not another is because of the location close to town centre and railway station .

On the internet I did not find much about the developer as it is incorporated in 2002.
Old 29th July 2011, 11:44 PM
Consumer Newbie

elizabethblack is an unknown quantity at this point

hello my name is liz,
I have also had a case of bad builders from this company. My house is in ruins and i have paid out a lot of money but there is many more devastating problems that need to be fixed urgently. House upstairs collapsing into down stairs! Bad labour been preformed at my home.
Old 29th July 2011, 11:57 PM
Consumer Newbie

elizabethblack is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey i'm liz,

We have something in common my house has also been left in ruins with the upstairs falling onto downstairs. If you would like to get in contact please reply with your email address. Many Regards Elizabeth Black;
Old 25th August 2011, 07:49 PM
Consumer Newbie

nixon is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Are you the victim of bad builders?

i hope there is somone who can give me some advise , Our builder has not contacted us for 14 days , he's phone is off and not answering our messages , We have found out where he lives and left a message . Can we get the police involved if he dosnt phone? we are getting worried as hes been paid to finish the job by cheuqe and used up most of our savings
Thanks Wendy
Old 27th August 2011, 03:44 PM

trickygj is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixon View Post
i hope there is somone who can give me some advise , Our builder has not contacted us for 14 days , he's phone is off and not answering our messages , We have found out where he lives and left a message . Can we get the police involved if he dosnt phone? we are getting worried as hes been paid to finish the job by cheuqe and used up most of our savings
Thanks Wendy
how much money does he owe you?

Tags
bbc, builders from hell, homes from hell, nightmare builders