Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Builders For general building work or new build property.

Old 11th January 2017, 12:27 PM
Consumer Newbie

revup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dean blues. Important notice

important notice

we fix electrics limited and heating 24-7 limited

Both of these companies are run solely by

Dean Blues.

North east area but also has links to Scotland.

has outstanding court judgements, banned from websites and is SO bad and so dangerous he is served with a Immediate Prohibition Notice by he HSE.

if he comes and tries to do work, call the authorities. A real danger
Old 22nd February 2017, 09:48 PM
Consumer Newbie

Rammyramshaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you the victim of bad builders?

Hi All

If you think it will never happen you!then think again.
It can happen to anyone!
I was always one of them people who watches TV and thinks,what a fool that could not happen to me.
It is my crusade after two Years of misery caused by one of the nastiest people on gods earth,that I feel the need to stop this from happening to you.
My question is how many houses do you but in your life,1 2 3.so none of us are experts and we rely on profesional people like conveyance and Solicitors.
How many of you read and understand contracts,small prints.We all rely on the conveyancer to make sure they are correct.Wrong it's down to you.

I would like to offer this advice when buying a house or leaving yourself open to Years of misery,

1,When meeting the builder of your house (if new build) He is not your friend and don't let him be.Builders from hell will be looking to rip you off from the moment you meet them.

2,Do not be taken in by there smooth charm.We were taken in by the builders charming elderly Father.Dont befriend anyone you are buying a house,they are not your friends and you don't know them.

3,Never get into conversation were they are talking about what they plan to do with the house.You will get charged extras you know nothing about.Like us in excess of £7000.(They will lie,even in court)

4,NEVER MOVE INTO THE HOUSE UNTIL IT IS 100% FINISHED.They will not finish inside contract time and blame you for moving in.

5,When you move in and it's not finished they will upset you so much that they want you to ask them to leave.They will use this in court.

6,Check the builder out.Do not listen to how good they think they are.Ask to see other work and customers feedback.

7,Buying off plan.Not a good idea as when don't know the quality of the finish.Trust me we were told all items would be top quality but remember a set of taps can cost £200 and another set can be off EBay for £20.If you do buy off plan have a complete list of the items and check the quality.

8,If you think you are covered by an NHBC cert think again.They have to be one of the worst organisations in the country.Remember they were formed by the builders,a very very stressful experience.

9,We moved in and had every excuse why we did not have a BT line connected.Builder found out it was not in contract of sale and wanted to charge us for the privelage.We thought we could take him to court but WRONG we had to pay him £10 000 as our conveyancer left it out the contract.We had a line in a duct but he refused to connect unless we paid.In court he LIED to the judge that it did not come with a line.Still we had to pay.

10,We have the builder next door building the next plot and the harassment is so bad we have decided to move.Can we sell the house? No we have to declare the problems and no one will buy the property.

This is something I could go on about for the next 4 hours as I have only touched on a few things.

COST: £50 000 litigation Bill.
What did we do wrong.Buy our house from the nastiest,biggest ass hole on the planet who knows every loop hole,Planning Law to make you the most miserable person on the planet.They have no morals and the most amazing thing is they think they are the VICTIM!

My last piece of advice NEVER NEVER NEVER BUY A NEW HOUSE!!!!!!!!!'
The Following User Says Thank You to Rammyramshaw For This Useful Post:
edd jones (25th April 2017)
Old 25th February 2017, 04:49 PM
Consumer Activist

Edward Jones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jonathan P Walker Cowboy Builder

Jonathan P Walker COWBOY BUILDER

This person is the worst, he traded as REEF Homes and built unsafe houses, the last one took 140,000 to put right, this is borne out by the litigation, the out of court settlement and the planning officer of Beverley in East Yorkshire.
He has since changed his name to WOODHOUSE (Lund) Ltd and building the same unsafe properties as he did before. He will be caught again but he just changes his company and moves on. He has connections in the Council as he was a council Leader and his family take turns to hold that position (his uncle is now in that position) his family are the biggest landowners and his wife has the Nursery also in the village, also the Beverley council keep giving him planning permission, so something is wrong there as well.
Please can you help as someone will get hurt of even killed if he is not stopped, I have tried but the village council under the family control override it.

[
The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Jones For This Useful Post:
Old 25th February 2017, 04:50 PM
Consumer Activist

This person is the worst, he traded as REEF Homes and built unsafe houses, the last one took 140,000 to put right, this is borne out by the litigation, the out of court settlement and the planning officer of Beverley in East Yorkshire.
He has since changed his name to WOODHOUSE (Lund) Ltd and building the same unsafe properties as he did before. He will be caught again but he just changes his company and moves on. He has connections in the Council as he was a council Leader and his family take turns to hold that position (his uncle is now in that position) his family are the biggest landowners and his wife has the Nursery also in the village, also the Beverley council keep giving him planning permission, so something is wrong there as well.
Please can you help as someone will get hurt of even killed if he is not stopped, I have tried but the village council under the family control override it.
Old 21st March 2017, 02:24 PM
Consumer Newbie

battersea is an unknown quantity at this point

I was really surprised to read this review of Nu Space and the negative comments that it contained. In fairness I felt it right to put the other side. I contacted Graham at Nu Space in September 2014 to convert my loft into a bedroom and bathroom. In a nutshell, the project was an absolute triumph. Nu Space drew up the plans, attended the planning meeting and guided us throughout the entire process. Laurence Leonte and his team carried out the work and everything went according to plan. The small issues that have needed rectifying since completion in May 2015 have been done quickly and efficiently. Personally I have no hesitation in recommending them
The Following User Says Thank You to battersea For This Useful Post:
Old 25th March 2017, 11:46 AM
Consumer Activist

Default Re: Jonathan Walker in Lund Cowboy Builder

Old 25th April 2017, 02:01 PM
Consumer Newbie

edd jones is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 25th April 2017, 02:03 PM
Consumer Newbie

edd jones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jonathan P Walker COWBOY BUILDER

Tags
bbc, builders from hell, homes from hell, nightmare builders