Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

  • Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Builders For general building work or new build property.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th March 2017, 11:40 PM
icon icon is offline
Consumer Newbie
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
icon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Builder issues

hi I was looking for some advice, I am in dispute with a builder as he has not completed items to satisfaction and I owe him some money remaining from the build. the total cost of the build was over 60k and I have kept 4k back. I have given opportunities to remedy and he has not responded to our satisfaction and we are now over 1 year in to what should have been a 3-4 month project. he is threatening to sell on the debt as I have said I have lost faith in him. can he do this? One of the items outstanding involves the removal of pocket doors which were not inserted correctly and the only remedy i'm advised of by independent people is to rip them out. this is not something we want to do due to mess and disruption. the damp proof course is not straight in parts and bricks are not level and overhang. what should I do?
Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 11:41 AM
Edward Jones Edward Jones is offline
Consumer Activist
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 65
Thanks: 12
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Edward Jones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Builder issues

Jonathan P Walker COWBOY BUILDER

This person is the worst, he traded as REEF Homes and built unsafe houses, the last one took 140,000 to put right, this is borne out by the litigation, the out of court settlement and the planning officer of Beverley in East Yorkshire.
He has since changed his name to WOODHOUSE (Lund) Ltd and building the same unsafe properties as he did before. He will be caught again but he just changes his company and moves on. He has connections in the Council as he was a council Leader and his family take turns to hold that position (his uncle is now in that position) his family are the biggest landowners and his wife has the Nursery also in the village, also the Beverley council keep giving him planning permission, so something is wrong there as well.
Please can you help as someone will get hurt of even killed if he is not stopped, I have tried but the village council under the family control override it.
Reply With Quote

satisfaction, build, builder, items, remedy, inserted, correctly, outstanding, doors, pocket, removal, involves, proof, damp, disruption, straight, parts, overhang, level, bricks, mess, due, people, independent, advised

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
second hand van issues Bigbadden Second Hand Cars 0 2nd January 2014 08:55 PM
Builder issues Nebser Builders 0 17th August 2012 05:52 PM
GP Related Issues hcmedics Financial Services 0 25th August 2011 02:03 PM
Waranty issues DAVECANN25 Second Hand Cars 3 19th October 2009 10:04 PM
PS3 Hi-Def issues pkbl44 Technology 2 3rd December 2008 09:13 PM

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:32 PM.

The information on this website does not constitute professional advice. Advice is taken at your own risk.
Contact Us - UK Consumer Forum - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.9 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2016