Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Old 5th June 2014, 01:40 PM
Consumer Newbie

stokie100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Theatre Club Harassment!

Hi All,

Appreciate your help here on something that seems insignificant but is actually really annoying as I'm getting constant recorded delivery letters through the post and emails from these people!

I am being harassed by a theater arts weekend club owner after I gave notice for my child to cease lessons. I was unaware of a 'contract' which they keep referring to but I did sign an 'Application Form' which states I must give one months notice (I gave 2 weeks notice) or I must pay for another period. They are stating that as I signed their 'terms and conditions' (the document doesn't contain this phrase) it is a legally binding contract. I wondered if this would stand up in court should they go down that path?

Thanks!
Old 5th June 2014, 05:56 PM

ALewis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Theatre Club Harassment!

Hello,
Yes provided the document you signed states what you have paraphrased, this would be deemed a 'term' of the contract.
Sorry it's not the news you wanted.
ALewis