Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Consumer Rights Television Programmes Stories being covered on television such as BBC Watchdog and Scam Busters.

Old 23rd December 2016, 02:08 PM
Consumer Newbie

Henrietta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC Watchdog: The horn that doesn't warn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperspace View Post
hi and thanks for your reply ive done as you said and they are saying it was a recall for astras when i told them that i read on this sight it was also for zafiras 2005 to 2010 the lady said i will just do a quick check and she came back and said sorry there is no call back on that car for that prolem
Have been told that there was recall then told there wasent. Phoned customer service they said my car was too old but yet again they told me to take it to vauxhall for a diagnostics to see what it was even though I knew it was the Cim Module (as had it done in garage,) had it taken to vauxhall and paid 45 00, phoned customer service and was told it had done too much milage, even though they knew this before they still told me to take it to vauxhall . If for definate they knew all this and put my hopes up, why make me pay 45 for nothing! They have a Goodwill policy programme which they decide if they will pay out . As it is a well known fault and putting people lives at risk there should be a recall! If anyone has this fault write in . any advice would be appreciated
Old 17th March 2017, 02:01 PM
Consumer Newbie

mobossuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC Watchdog: The horn that doesn't warn?

Hi guys I am facing the above problem with my Astra H I sent an email to Vauxhall and they point blank said that they can't do anything any advise please.
Old 17th March 2017, 02:19 PM
Consumer Newbie

mobossuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: BBC Watchdog: The horn that doesn't warn?

Has anyone had any luck with Vauxhall regarding this CIM fault your info would be appreciated, this is the below reply I got from Vauxhall.

Dear Mr Patel,

I write with reference to your recent email dated the 17th March 2017.

Thank you for your email and I am sorry to learn of the issues that you have been experiencing with your vehicle. I would advise you to book your vehicle into a Vauxhall dealership for a diagnostics to be done so we can determine any underlying issues that may be present on the vehicle.

Unfortunately, if your vehicle is affected by this known concern then the dealership will be unable to review it with our Warranty Team to determine whether the repair charges could be covered under our goodwill policy. The dealership would only have been able to have this reviewed if your vehicle was under 10 years of age from registration date and if the vehicle did not exceed 100000miles. If the vehicle exceeds either of these then the goodwill policy would be voided for the vehicle. I must advise you that contribution is never guaranteed and due to the age of your vehicle, we will be unable to have this covered.

I can only apologise that this is not the outcome you would have hoped for.