Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Ebay Money saving tips for Ebay and other auction sites.

Old 18th August 2009, 12:08 PM
Senior Consumer Activist

mlewis09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mlewis09 Send a message via Yahoo to mlewis09 Send a message via Skype™ to mlewis09
Default E-bay - Too good to be true offers

I recently purchased a brand new black Nokia N95 bGB mobile phone, for 79.99 - usually I'd expect to pay around 300 for this phone. It was coming from a UK based supplier with free p&p ... naturally I snapped up this offer, made my payment by paypal ... and well ... it was too good tobe true ...

I got the e-mail saying our suppplier is running a few days late, it will be with you in 7-10 days, then on day 10 I got another e-mail, the supplier has gone bankrupt and we cannot pay your money back until we get the money from our supplier.

Today is day 11, naturally I'll be complaining to e-bay and PayPal, but I e-mailed the seller back, simply pointing out that I agreed to wait 7-10 days following their last e-mail, when I could have insisted on getting a full refund, and therefore I had entered into an agreement with them, as they were not able to meet their side of the bargin they had to refund my money immediately ... this morning I've had a e-mail saying a cheque has been posted out to me.

I'm not really sure that is a good result ... but I will be happy as long as the cheque actually clears into my bank account and does not bounce.

The joys of shopping on e-bay.
Old 18th August 2009, 12:12 PM
Consumer Newbie

carole is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to carole Send a message via Skype™ to carole
Default Re: E-bay - Too good to be true offers

Wish you good luck, just give more trust to others.
The Following User Says Thank You to carole For This Useful Post:
mlewis09 (18th August 2009)
Old 18th August 2009, 12:22 PM
What Consumer Founder

Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

Be careful with the amount of days you have to wait they may be messing you around trying to get over 45 days - which is the limit for making a Paypal dispute.

Paypal Consumer Protection Far From Perfect | Consumer Information

Tony

Get 24/07 Legal Advice ==> CLICK HERE <==
The Following User Says Thank You to Tony For This Useful Post:
mlewis09 (18th August 2009)
Old 18th August 2009, 12:28 PM
Senior Consumer Activist

Send a message via MSN to mlewis09 Send a message via Yahoo to mlewis09 Send a message via Skype™ to mlewis09

Thanks Tony.

PayPal dispute has been lodged today, to make sure I either get the cheque and it clears or a PayPal refund.

I had a rather rude e-mail from them last night, much more professional today, I just hope its sorted soon.

Michael
Old 1st September 2009, 07:52 PM
Senior Consumer Activist

Update:

I received a cheque for the refund on Friday 21st of August, banked it on the Monday, and then finally today (1st of September) it cleared ... I've never known a cheque take that long to clear before without being returned unpaid.

At least its all over, the PayPal dispute has been closed and I'm happy ... just need to leave some kind of feedback on e-bay now.

Tags
cheque, e-bay, nokia n95, paypal, refund