Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

  • Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Financial Services Banks, Building Societies, Credit Cards, Insurance Policies.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th January 2018, 07:53 PM
ajron ajron is offline
Consumer Newbie
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ajron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default American Express Cheated me.

I applied for a credit card with American Express. I did an eligibility check on American express website before applying for credit card with them. The check gave me a result of 9.5/10 chance for getting a credit card from them. Based on the eligibility check. I went forward and applied for a credit card and may application got rejected.

I contacted the American express customer care and enquired why my application got rejected. They replied that I didn't get 10/10 and 9.5/10 is not enough for getting accepted for the card.

I understand there are further checks, like credit score and other conditions will be considered for the application to get accepted. But in this occasion, I feel cheated.

I applied only because the possibility of getting the card was excellent. The lured me in applying for the card by giving me 95% chance of acceptance. Now that i have got rejected, it will be affecting my credit score. It is cheating and fake advertisement.

I contacted the Financial Ombudsman (set up by Parliament to resolve individual complaints between financial businesses and their customers), I got a reply that unless the money lending company offers you 100% chance of getting accepted, they are not doing anything wrong.

So Friends, Beware that even they are offering you 99% acceptance chance, still there is 1% chance that you will get rejected. And that 1 person out of 100 might be you !!
Reply With Quote

card, credit, chance, rejected, express, american, application, accepted, applied, check, score, cheated, eligibility, acceptance, financial, 9.5/10, applying, contacted, resolve, parliament, individual, complaints, businesses, 1%, set

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shop Small with American Express and earn a big 50 cashback Tony Consumer News 0 4th July 2013 11:10 AM
Size matters on American Express cards Tony Consumer News 0 29th November 2009 11:26 AM
Cheated by a stranger srivathsa Other Goods and Services 2 1st September 2009 10:38 PM
American Express Raises Charges Matt26 Consumer News 0 5th September 2008 11:05 AM
Shoppers 'cheated' as brands downsize Catriona Consumer News 2 3rd September 2008 03:07 PM

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:16 AM.

The information on this website does not constitute professional advice. Advice is taken at your own risk.
Contact Us - UK Consumer Forum - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.9 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2016